good news: i'm doing this from my desk at home!
bad news: i just found out my Uncle Harry died.
We werent' that close, mind you, i haven't seen him since i was 16 or so, but STILL, he's family. whenever i would go visit my dad when i was little, we would always go out to aunt jean and uncle harry's cabin and go canoeing or fishing or jumping off the docks or whatever.
he had thee coolest atari games when i was little.
as for being online, they told me that i had to wait for them to call me after my home phone was turned on? i came home for lunch, my phone was on, and i remembered how i used to have qwest.net for my onlineness, but they never seemed to KNOW i had it, so i tried, and... viola!
you can now add aubreystar1 officially to your aim buddy list things (if you so choose to do so, that is...)
also, if you can email me with your email address at firstname.lastname@example.org... my email address book hasn't been updated in over a year, so...
and, also, if in those emails, you could include your snail mail address, too, that would make me heart soar... i just got a new address book... :D
i found this old withered joke in my inbox from 7/01, and it reminded me of a post i did recently (*whew* some emails down, only 938 left to go!)
SIGNS YOU'RE OFFICIALLY AN ADULT:
1. Your potted plants stay alive.
2. Having sex in a twin sized bed is absurd.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to sleep.
5. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
6. You carry an umbrella. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of hookup and breakup.
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 7.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as 'dressed up'.
10. You're the one calling the police because those darn kids next door
don't know how to turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you
12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go! up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 p.m.
17. Dinner and a movie - The whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 a.m. would severely upset, rather
than settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the drugstore for Ibuprofen and antacids, not condoms and
pregnancy test kits.
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer 'pretty good stuff'.
21. You actually eat breakfast foods at breakfast time.
22. Grocery lists are longer than macaroni & cheese, diet Pepsi, Microwave
Burritos & Ding Dongs.
23. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to
drink that much again."
24. Over 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
25. You don't drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
26.! You read this entire list looking for one sign that doesn't pertain to
okee, i'm now on yahoo messenger, too.... as none other than Aubkabob...