how strong do i like my coffee?
i like coffee that salutes you before you drink it.
i like coffee that turns your teeth an amazing dark smokers' yellow in the first sip
i like coffee that, if spilled, will eat the interior of your vehicle in one bite.
i like coffee that makes me talk like Marlon Brando a few moments after each drink.
i like coffee that turns me into the incredible hulk.
ESPECIALLY on a monday morning.
*dons her wonder woman costume and sets to working like an amazon*
problem # 27394279 of being in sales too long: the massive amounts of training on empathizing with the client, forces me to use 'i understand..' and 'i can see why you would feeeeeel...' in most of my conversations.
it also has the following effect:
- instead of calling it 'rush hour', i call it 'peak season' or 'wave season'.
- instead of asking how much a thing costs, i ask what the 'rates' are for it, or how much my 'investment' will be, even if it's for a freaking candy bar.
- i end all my conversations with an airline stewardess 'thanks! bye bye!'
- instead of saying 'sure' or 'yes', i say things like 'certainly!' and 'i would be HAPPY to!'
- i use the words 'excellent' and 'wonderful' entirely too much.
- i use the word 'availability' when talking about parking spaces.
so, I receive this from Columbia House:
You have declined Is This It?, it will not be sent to you.
Your current offer is:
CDs just $3.99 each!
when you buy 1 at regular price
Here are some other titles that might interest you:
Alvin & The Chipmunks
Very Merry Chipmunk
I can certainly see how, by looking at my interests, those three would CERTAINLY be related....