- for getting paid! woo! a whopping $111!!!! tomorrow will consist of me leaving early for work, cashing my check, buying slip in thingies for my shoes (my feet SO hate me.), Planes of Power, and prolly a nifty lunch. cuz i deserve it, damnit. almost the entire rest of it will be going to my family.
- i stopped a SHOPLIFTER today! woo! i was a store hero, i tell ya. congratulations all round. kid came through my register and tried to buy a binder that was supposedly $8, and when someone was doing a price check, i discovered two packages of $10 pens ferreted away in a pencil case that was also not part of the binder. when discovered, he shouted that his mom would come pay for it, that he didn't have the money, nor the time to deal with it *bolts for door*. i hear tell that i get a pretty crisp $20 bill for that. woot.
- as i said, my feet HATE me. i'm afraid to look at my swollen big toe, but will do so once i can actually stand again without my feet cramping something fierce. yes, i'm a baby. so wah.
- i turned in my hours of availability to Office Max. that.. didn't go over well... at ALL. doing so warranted a meeting of managers, i got pulled into the office and sat down, not once, not twice, but THREE DIFFERENT TIMES about how they hired me because i was available, and how i signed a piece of paper saying such, and how this wasn't part of the agreement, that it isn't fair to them OR michaels, that putting constraints on my availability puts stress on them AND micheals, and how could i be so inconsiderate, personal life and the fact that i'm the only one in my entire household of 3 that is working at the moment. they just may not be able to schedule me in at all, because of the massive restraint. doesn't matter that they're always short handed in the morning. bah. screw them, i say. i still don't know if they're going to can me because of it. let them. i'll have free time again. wee.
- i may be scheduled for another, yes, yet ANOTHER 7 day stretch, meaning... if i hadn't called in sick this monday, i would be working at LEAST 15 days in a row, possibly more, depending upon the schedule after that. as it is, i will still be working at least 12 days in a row, at least 8 hours a pop. let's hope my new insoles love me.
speaking of insoles... i turned to a coworker, Julia, today and said "i'm daydreaming about having brand new insoles! i hope that the ones i pick up are MAGIC little insoles, that give my feet widdle hugs with every widdle step! *squeak!*" *makes hand gestures like squeezing little feet with each step*
i will never forget the expression on her face as she inched away from me...
anyone have a clue as to why i can't feel my big toe?!?