Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

May. 27th, 2004

I've discovered exactly what i need for Christmas, or an early Christmas present, late birthday present, a 4th of July gift, whathaveyou.

oh mah gaw, it's DELICIOUS! *licks her monitor*

i would finally be able to listen to all my old tapes again! i had TRIED to listen to tapes on my little portable radio, i listened to one side of Poetic Justice when i first got the deck around Christmastime, and .... well, it never opened its door again, let's just say. i pounded it, i pried it, and it sat there, smirking at me with my precious tape held tightly in its mouth.

good thing i also have it on cd.

and, granted, much later on, on a whim, i tried opening it again, and OMG< IT OPEND! did i take the tape out? course not! i just said 'Oh! that's nice!' and clicked it shut again.

i think i heard it gnawing happily on it the other night.

what do you give to a boy who's got it all?
how do you make love to a porcelain doll?


May. 28th, 2004 09:13 am (UTC)
you can do this with your computer already if it has a decent sound card. if you have a mic or line in jack on your sound card, all you have to do is get a cable and run it from the line out or external jack on your cassette deck into the jack on your sound card. I did that when I wanted to make some mp3s from tapes I'd recorded of me playing guitar and it worked. you can even use sound recorder from windows. the only thing you'd have to spend money on is the cable, and you can get one with different sized heads on it. I've got one that has a 1/8" head on one end a 1/4" head on the other. it was like $3 at walmart or so.
May. 28th, 2004 03:48 pm (UTC)
Exactly. I was like "exactly what would you need to INSTALL a tape player for when you can just hook your damn tape player up to the computer?"

I know, I know.
Jun. 13th, 2004 10:06 pm (UTC)

i shall have to look to see if i have a tape player with a line out jack on it, and see about getting that magical cord you speak of.

and can you play it through your comp, though and burn it into mp3 form? that's what i'm wanting to do...
Jun. 13th, 2004 11:17 pm (UTC)
Yep. RCA to 1/8" jack is what you need. That and a program that records sound. You'll probably wind up making a .wav file and turning it into an mp3
Sep. 11th, 2004 01:27 am (UTC)
i need to marry a computer nerd. nothing else too it.
Jun. 13th, 2004 10:21 pm (UTC)
i def need to look into this, $3 is SO much more economical than $150!


disco star
Ticklebuddy Wonderpoo

Latest Month

October 2014


Page Summary

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Ideacodes