- someone calling and wanting freezer tape (this goes on my list of ludicrous things to call a freaking office supply store for, instead of somewhere more...i dunno... LOGICAL, and then the customer getting irrationally upset about it, along with 2% milk and ziplock bags.)
- a woman that came in to return a $15 item that her husband bought, saying that she didn't give him permission, and she doesn't know WHY he thinks he can buy things for himself! What? he paid with CASH? She wonders where the hell he got cash. (she looked like she was ready to flip her lid - she was probably mid twenties, sort of cute, blonde..) He sure didn't have cash when she wanted Starbucks! She says she just needs to keep closer tabs on him!
- a couple that screamed at me and called me names because I informed them that we never carried Gateway computers and informed me they would never shop there again (they brought an ancient fan from it back to exchange, from a couple years ago, something we also don't sell.)
- several calls for software none of us have heard of that supposedly does magical things
- an old guy that SHRIEKED at me for talking too fast (same gentleman that came in and asked "do you have computer disks?" i blinked and replied "you mean, to record on?" "WHAT?!?" "as in.. a cd... to record things on?" "STOP TALKING SO FAST!" "*glaring but trying to be patient* are you...... looking for a disk..... to record.... things ... on?!?" "*glares* NO, to put my flipping computer on! you know, a computer disk!" "oooooh, ....... you mean.... computer DESK!" "well, you got any?!?" *i point to DIRECTLY next to us, less than 5 feet away, a gigantic carpeted area with tons of office furniture on it*)
- a woman that brought in a shredder that her sister had bought for mommy's day, and wanting the $65 refund credited to HER card instead of her sister's, who lives in California. Um, no, the system will not allow me to do that, but we can give in store credit. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, WHERE'S THE MANAGER?!? Rick came over and informed her of the same thing.
let's just LOGICALLY think about this for a second. If you had purchased something on your credit card, would you want someone - ANYONE - to be able to take a random receipt in and credit the amount to their card instead of getting your money back? if i purchased something biggish for someone else, i could sort of understand, but it's the whole security of the thing.
i know there was a ton of other really freaking odd requests and questions, but i can't for the life of me think of them at the moment. maybe i'll go take a nap.