The personality traits of a Calico or American Shorthair are listed below as well as physical traits:
- Sensitive Nature
- Adaptable to change
- Do not like to be picked up
- Will greet you at the door
- Follow you from room to room
- Loves to lay in your lap (especially at night)
- Big round expressive eyes
- Short fur with more than eighty different colors and patterns
I call Bacci my warder because she follows me to every freaking room I go to (except the downstairs bathroom). She is constantly on my lap, rolling around on the keyboard when I'm trying to play EQ, mostly towards the end of the day.
Though they should have put "apt to mood change" instead of "adaptable to change". Most people I've talked to who have calicos say they will purr their hearts out while you pet them, then instantly turn around and bite you.