Ticklebuddy Wonderpoo (aubkabob) wrote,
Ticklebuddy Wonderpoo
aubkabob

"Symptoms of metal allergy usually appear within six to 24 hours after exposure to metal. The only truly effective way to prevent metal allergies is to eliminate exposure to the allergen that triggers symptoms. This can be exceedingly difficult with metal allergies, because allergens such as nickel are present in so many products. However, brief contact with metals usually will not cause a reaction, even in allergic individuals. The key is to avoid regular, sustained skin contact with the allergen."

This is why I don't wear a name tag at work. I'll pop one on occasionally, if we're expecting a corporate visit or somesuch, but otherwise....

It seems like as I age, I become more sensitive, too. My fillings don't bother me (I read that it is super rare to be allergic to that metal...), but yanno the thin material in your pants pockets? Apparently my work keys are able to burn right through those puppies, as it now looks like I seared my skin where they sit.

Awesome.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 10 comments