it also has the following effect:
- instead of calling it 'rush hour', i call it 'peak season' or 'wave season'.
- instead of asking how much a thing costs, i ask what the 'rates' are for it, or how much my 'investment' will be, even if it's for a freaking candy bar.
- i end all my conversations with an airline stewardess 'thanks! bye bye!'
- instead of saying 'sure' or 'yes', i say things like 'certainly!' and 'i would be HAPPY to!'
- i use the words 'excellent' and 'wonderful' entirely too much.
- i use the word 'availability' when talking about parking spaces.