We began comfort care for her last night. Signing the DNR papers was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It has been ruled that she isn't fully cognizant, so the final things have come down to Jess and I to decide. She become lucid every once in a great while and understands fully where she is and the path that she is headed, but then (almost blissfully) slips back into loopiness.
I'm very thankful I'm off the next two days, and very sad that school starts on Monday. Dr. Tee highly suggests I think of taking a quarter off, but I just got my full financial aid back. Maybe I'll just not try to desperately get into my A&P class, and instead find either one two credit course or two one credit courses to round out my schedule with my NAC training in order to give me the full time status that I need. I had already turned in my notice at work that I'm only available three days a week.
Thank you all for your kind words and support through this so far. If anyone would like to visit her, she is at Southwest until a hospice bed is found for her.